04 January 2010

My guide to marcobiotics

I randomly bought a book while in Albuquerque. I always went to Whole Foods while there to stock up on supplies so as not to be forced to eat the fast, horrendous food while on business trips. One random day I perused the books at Borders next to the glorious entity that is Whole Foods and found the book, 'The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics'. I had no idea, and still kind of don't, as to what macrobiotics entails, but had heard a few musings here and there and decided to purchase the book. This was well over a year ago and today, I am just seriously picking it up.

There is a lot going on in this book. 289 pages full of information, advise and recipes. Overwhelming? Maybe. Doable? Totally. I am a reader, books don't scare me! Until now. Until it pertains to an actual goal. I am a slacker, I said it, a slacker. How am I going to do this? Well, I started my masters degree and haven't dropped out yet, a month trial on a macrobiotics diet shouldn't be too tough.

OK, preface, intro, ahhh, the meat and potatoes (or lack thereof since this is macrobiotics). The first thing it tells me is to not beat myself up. Don't be hard on myself... okaaaay, change entire outlook on life...check. It says I don't have to deprive, just don't act like a maniac...hmmmm. Slowly change eating habits...OK, I can do that, have been doing that for a while now...this can't be too bad.

There are twelve laws. As I read this book I will outline what I learn. Before I can even start the diet portion (page 71) I need to get through the laws and what to expect. Thus far, from the intro, I have learned that this isn't a life changing endeavor and there are skeptics, but it is not too hard and I will feel better physically, emotionally and sexually as this adventure unfolds...who can argue with that? Well you can, but I am going to keep my skepticism at bay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better sexually? HAHAHA !!! I am so mature. I will be following this blog however. I am intrigued!