01 April 2010

baby steps

So this is nothing new, but worth writing out for myself...take small steps to a simpler life. don't let laundry or dishes pile up, it just means more work later. I have been trying to employ little things into life.

I guess I am moving, albeit sloooooowly, more and more towards a Buddhist lifestyle. Life is all about reflection and letting it just do what it does. Easy to say, much harder to employ. Taking steps to simplify everyday life is a first step. Get rid of baggage, whatever it may be. Strife, stuff, whatever.

Tiny Buddha is a favorite site of mine. Recently it posted a link about small things that allows one to reconnect with the self.

I encourage myself, and others, to simplify and 'go with the flow.' See life for what it is and reconnect with yourself and others. Tune out, disconnect (as I write in my blog, irony is my middle name). Live vicariously through yourself. I believe in reincarnation but we only have today to live. We cannot live for tomorrow or we'll miss out on what is here and now.

No comments: