07 February 2010

I need to work on my apathy

What's the true test of character? It's how one reacts in situations that are uncomfortable. Where you may be mad, sad, apathetic or whatever the reaction, will you hold your head high or feed into a negative reaction? I need to work on my reactions when I'm hurt. I shut myself in and don't do well hiding my emotions, rather they seem to radiate outwards as anger. It's easier to be angry than address hurt/sadness, which I why I don't just settle with anger and am generally never angry. Bothered with something? Sure, but not angry.
It is easy for me to forgive and evaluate a situation but sometimes all it takes is a fleeting comment or end of the night goodbye to bring the angst back up to the surface and become a weak individual. I hate weakness and it bothers me that my emotions have the ability to dismantle me in an instant.

No comments: